A kidney infection is basically a kind of urinary infection that manifests through symptoms like a high fever, uncontrollable shivering, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The worst symptoms are things like burning sensation during urination and producing cloudy or bad smelling urine.
Kidney infection treatment usually happens in the hospital, but it has been proven in the past that there are actual kidney infection symptoms treatment that can be done right in your home, but it will involve some planning and control on your part. Here is a great regimen to follow as a natural treatment for kidney infection:
- Drink a lot of water. At least 8 full glasses of water a day, but more would be better.
- Drink a lot of green tea and blueberry tea. This is because green tea and blueberry tea are high in anti oxidants that will help in flushing out the toxins in your body that is causing the kidney infection.
- Consume spoonfuls of natural, unheated and untreated tea.
- Potassium citrate or calcium citrate will raise the acidity levels in your body, hence making an environment that kills the bacteria that is causing the infection in the kidney. This is the most popular natural UTI treatment, because it is easy to procure, and a lot of people already take calcium citrate daily anyway.
- Take goldenseal root two times a day.
- At least 16 ounces of 100% natural cranberry juice a day.
- A lot of lentil soup a day. As a kidney infection natural treatment, the more of this the better.
Aside from things you need to consume, there are also some things that you need to avoid as a natural kidney infection treatment. Here are a few:
- Animal protein and byproducts, such as milk, eggs, and cheese.
- Eating more than half a serving of anything other than soup. Your kidney infection is putting your immune system at a great risk, and it would be better for you to avoid too much of anything lest it lead to making the infection worse.
- Avoid sugar at all costs. The bacteria of the urinary tract infection and the kidney infection actually grow on sugar, so this is actually the number one thing to avoid.
There is no need to fear your infection, because there are a great number of natural kidney infection treatment options that will surely help you push past it, and to prevent it from coming back ever again.